When you create a JSTOR publishing target for a project in Forum that has an existing Artstor target, you'll notice that many of your project fields will be automatically mapped. Forum's automapping will replicate the mappings from your existing Artstor target.
Before publishing to JSTOR, we recommend checking each of the field mappings and make any necessary changes, because certain fields are used differently between the two platforms.
See Managing Field Mappings for more information on editing field mappings.
Source / Holding Institution
When reviewing your field mappings, you may notice that your project's Source field has been automatically mapped to the Holding Institution target field in JSTOR. This is due to the Source field being used differently for licensed Artstor Digital Library content.
To correct this mapping in your JSTOR target:
- In your Project Settings, select the Target tab, select your JSTOR Target, and then select "Map Project Fields".
- Unmap the Holding Institution target field by opening the drop-down menu and choosing "Unmapped".
- Remap your project's Source field by locating the Source target field, opening the drop-down menu, and choosing "Source".
- Click the "Save" button to save your mapping changes.
If your project contains Earliest Date and Latest Date metadata, you'll need to map these project fields in your JSTOR Target in order for that metadata to work with JSTOR's searching, sorting, and filtering functionality.
To map your Earliest/Latest project fields:
- In your Project Settings, switch to the Targets tab, select your JSTOR Target, and then select "Map Project Fields".
- Find the Dates target field in the mapping list and use the drop-down to select your "Earliest Date" field. In the Attribute drop-down, select "earliest_date".
- Select +map another field to dates and repeat the previous step to select your "Latest Date" field to Dates. In the Attribute drop-down, select "latest_date".
- Select Save to save your mapping changes.