On this page:
We've created community lists for RightsStatement.org rights statements and Creative Commons licenses that you can connect to your projects.
If you map these fields using the configuration in this article, then the terms will display with badges in JSTOR and Artstor and link to the rights statement and/or license you selected in Forum. These community lists are already included in the Visual Resources and Dublin Core project templates you can use when creating new projects. Each term includes a description for the term and a URI if available.
RightsStatement.org provides standardized terms called rights statements to summarize the copyright status of items.
We created a community list called "Rights" that can be connected to a List field in your Forum project and then mapped to the Rights field for your JSTOR Shared Collections institutional or public collection target and/or your Artstor institutional, public, or personal collection target.
Creative Commons licenses are a set of licenses that can be applied to a work and indicate how a work can be used.
We created a community list called "License" that can be connected to a List field in your Forum project and then mapped to the License field for your JSTOR Shared Collections institutional or public collection target and/or your Artstor institutional, public, or personal collection target.
Each of these community lists are included in the project templates you can use to create new projects. Before adding new fields for these lists, check to see if you already have these in your project.
To add RightsStatement.org or Creative Commons lists to your project:
- In your Forum project, select Project Settings and then the Fields tab.
- Select Add Field and select the field type List Field.
- It's important to use a List field type, because if the term values are altered, they will not display when published.
- Under List Selection, select the community list you want to add to your project. If you want to add both of these lists, repeat these steps to create a field for each community list.
- "Rights" is the community list for RightsStatement.org.
- "License" is the community list for Creative Commons.
- Select Create and remember to add the new field to your cataloging form(s). See Manage Cataloging Forms for more.
To map Rights or License lists to collection fields:
- In your Forum project, select Project Settings and then the Targets tab.
- Select the target you want to map and then Map Project Fields.
- Map the "Rights" list field to Rights.
- Map the "License" list field to License.
- Save the changes you made and then publish or re-publish your items.
To catalog terms from the Rights or License fields:
- While editing an item, select the list icon under Rights or License to access the community list.
- Search the list of terms. Partial searching is accepted.
- Select one or multiple terms to link then select Link Term. The linked term(s) will now display in the field.