Reporting issues in Forum
When you encounter a Forum issue, it is important to specify any conditions or behaviors you experienced with the site, so our support staff can quickly assess and troubleshoot. This guide is intended to help you efficiently report an issue for the fastest possible resolution.
Before you report an issue, we encourage you to search the support site first for a possible solution. If something is not documented on the site that should be, please share this feedback with us.
For reporting any issue, it’s helpful to provide the following standard information about the browser or project you are working in:
- Operating system/version [Mac OS X, Windows X, etc.]
- Browser/version [Google Chrome v. X, Mozilla Firefox X, Safari v. X, etc.]
- Project name
- Project ID [found at the end of Forum's URL after selecting a project]
- Description of your steps, the error, etc.
- Screenshot of the error if the issue is visible.
- Example impacted SSIDs, if applicable
Trouble with publishing?
When encountering trouble specific to publishing, additional details are important to know, such as:
- Publishing target type [Institutional Collection, Public Collection, Omeka, etc.]
- Collection name [if different from Project name]
- Date and time of publishing
- Number of items published
Be as specific as possible when reporting an issue. For complex or specific examples, we strongly encourage examples with steps involved and/or source information.
For example: if you’re working with Excel spreadsheet, please download a copy and share the spreadsheet with us, preferably with the errors highlighted for faster resolution. Another example: if your multimedia file is displaying oddly, grab a screenshot of what you’re seeing and attach it to your email.
If you’re not sure whether or not to include an attachment, mention specific details, or require assistance obtaining this information, contact us for additional options.
Report issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.