On this page:
Forum Checklist: Access and training
Forum Checklist: Cataloging
- Log into Forum.
Create and describe your content.
- Create a blank record.
- Catalog a single item.
- Catalog or edit multiple items.
- Catalog items using Master Records.
- Use Excel to import new data, edit, or delete existing data.
- Edit all items in a project, set or saved filter.
Note that it’s not recommended to use “Edit All” unless adding text to a new field, or correcting the text of a field that has the same data across records.
- Link terms using Getty vocabularies and local authorities when cataloging in your Forum project.
- Link name authorities using ULAN and SSN.
- View and link to AAT and TGN terms.
- Catalog fields with your local terms by using Lists.
- Manage your media.
- Facilitate cataloging workflows.
- Share your project items by publishing to your target collection and view them in JSTOR, Artstor, Omeka, or other end user environments.
- Set a filter on your publishing activity to review the published items in the project item panel.
- Suppress published items from displaying in your collections.
- Use the publishing monitor to check status.
Shared Shelf Names (SSN) builds from the Getty ULAN (Union List of Artist Names) and for most purposes, the two can be considered synonymous.
Forum Checklist: Build a project with Forum Admin
- Log into Forum.
Jumpstart project building.
- Create a new project, using available templates to define a metadata schema.
- Copy an existing project.
- Also rename or delete a project.
Manage project fields.
- Know the different project field types.
- Add, edit, or delete project fields.
Note when editing project fields, a field cannot be deleted if it contains data. However, use Excel to CLEAR the data from a field in order to change the field type then re-import the data back into the field.
- Configure default values, read-only, and required fields.
- Edit field descriptions.
- Designate field position number.
- Cataloging forms are used as the visual element to view and edit metadata in a Forum project. Review and manage the cataloging forms for any changes in the new project by using the following features.
- Change cataloging form field labels.
- Create read-only access.
- Reorder or delete existing cataloging forms.
Note that when you create a new project, a Full cataloging form displaying all the fields in your project will auto-generate. Also when you copy an existing project, the cataloging forms will duplicate in your new project.
- Publishing targets are set-up to publish and share the content from Forum projects.
- Other publishing target options:
- Use the following features to manage new and existing publishing targets.
Manage user access.
- Assign users a role.
- Provision a new user in Forum Admin.
- Edit a user’s permissions.
- Delete a user’s access.
- Set base filters to restrict access to specific project records.